Do you want to know how to fix stained teeth? There are many different things that can cause stained teeth including food and drink, environmental factors and biological factors. No matter what the cause is, it can be disappointing and frustrating to look at your smile and wish it was whiter! Luckily, there are things you can do to prevent tooth discoloration and treatments available to reverse years of tooth stains.
How to Prevent Teeth StainingUnderstanding how to prevent teeth staining can keep your smile bright and white in between professional treatments. It’s always good to take action against tooth staining as soon as possible so you can protect your teeth and maintain a healthy smile. Here is a list of methods you can use to combat teeth stains:
- 1. Brush your teeth after every meal
- 2. Avoid foods that stain teeth
- 3. Use a straw
- 4. Practice good oral hygiene
- 5. Quit smoking
Teeth Discoloration TreatmentIf you have not had luck with these methods for preventing teeth stains, or you’d like a more efficient solution, a professional teeth discoloration treatment might be the way to go. Professional teeth whitening treatments are performed by dentists in their office. They will use professional-grade whitening solutions and tools to give you a whiter smile in as little as one session. Some professional whitening products may require a UV light or heat lamp to speed up the process or make the treatment last longer. There are a few different types of discoloration treatments. The best one for you will depend on personal preference and what your dentist recommends is best.
- Whitening treatments use a hydrogen peroxide solution that effectively bleaches your teeth to remove stains.
- Dental bonds are a layer of white resin that is bonded to your teeth.
- Dental crowns are used to cover a discolored or damaged tooth.
- Veneers are custom-made porcelain caps that can completely transform your smile to be brighter, whiter, and straighter.