MLS Warm Laser
Our office uses MLS Laser Therapy, a revolutionary system that has been shown to reduce inflammation, reduce pain, and promote healing DRUG-FREE! This laser is the pride and joy of our office. Almost everything a Dentist treats is either painful, or inflammatory, and some procedures require rapid healing. This laser causes no pain, and works immediately on your pain and inflammation to make you feel like you didn’t even go to the dentist, as soon as possible!
How does it work?
Light energy enters the damaged cells and stimulates inter-cellular activity. This reduces pain in the area and speeds recovery of the damaged cells. Once the cells recover, the healing process is completed.
What can I expect during a treatment?
You may experience a comfortable sensation at the point of application. Treatment lasts an average of 2-5 minutes.
What can I expect after the treatment?
There is a rapid relief of pain. Acute conditions usually subside quickly, typically within one phase of treatments, while chronic conditions can be controlled with regular treatments.
The effects of MLS® Laser Therapy are cumulative; therefore, expect to see improvement as you proceed through your treatment plan.
MLS® Laser Therapy effectively treats:
- Tendon & ligament injuries
- Sore muscles, muscle strains & tears
- Degenerative joint conditions
- Neurological & general pain & bruising
- Musculoskeletal disorders
- Pre & post-surgical treatment
- Anti-inflammation applications
- Specific neurological conditions
Benefits of MLS® Laser Therapy:
- Rapid relief of pain
- Strong anti-inflammatory effect
- Timely healing of sprains & strains
- Rapid recovery of the structural integrity of injured region
- Rapid resolution of swollen areas
- Immediate improvement of local blood circulation
- Rapid repair of superficial injuries, such as wound and ulcers
The MLS Laser Therapy is extremely beneficial in TMJ Disorders, since there is likely muscle, ligament, nerve damage and possible joint degeneration, as well as inflammation.
While treating orthodontic patients, if any discomfort is experienced, a MLS Laser session greatly reduces inflammation and the resulting discomfort. This leads to minimal to no pain while eating when wearing braces, which makes the entire experience much more enjoyable.
Since the laser promotes healing, if a tooth is removed, treatment with the laser afterwards leads to quicker healing and less post-op discomfort as well. If an implant is placed, the laser helps the bone in the area heal quicker as well. That means a quicker turnaround time for a tooth to be placed on the implant!